Re: Worldcom Fiber Cut

  • From: Alan Spicer
  • Date: Sat Dec 05 15:42:29 1998

Is there any more news on the Orlando, FL. fibre cut? I work with two ISP's
in the South Florida area that have called me Friday asking for details
because they saw major connectivity problems, though in their own words
they were "...not completely down" (network wise).

At 05:50 PM 12/4/98 -0500, David Diaz wrote:
>It looks pretty major since I have diverse fibre out of the state and all
>are down.  This is of course if worldcom didnt take down my redund.
>connections to give the circuit to more profitable buiz like LD or another
>heavy hitting with a good SLA.
>
>ahhhaaa
>
>At least Im in Miami and the weather is nice this weekend.
>

>Has anyone seen any issues with certain 800#s because of this?  I tried
>paging several Bellsouth employees when I saw alarms on my OC48 ring and I
>just got a fast busy or all circuits are busy.  Bellsouth did a great job
>of tracking down exactly where the cut was.  They just happened to be here
>installing a tampa-mia circuit and I thought they did something bad  so I
>gave them a little grief till they tracked it down.  My bad...
>
>If anyone gets an ETR please share it.
>
>At 4:56 PM -0500 12/4/98, Mark Moore wrote:
>>Worldcom has confirmed the cut of over 300 DS3s and 12 OC12s.  Apparently
>>CSX is to blame.
>>~mark
>>----------------------------
>>Mark Moore <[email protected]>
>>Network Administrator
>>Gleim Publications, Inc.
>>http://www.gleim.com
>>   (352) 375-0772 ext. 116
>>   (800) 87-GLEIM ext. 116
>>FAX: (352) 375-6940
>>-----------------------------
>

>Thank you,
>David Diaz
>Chief Technical Officer
>Netrail, Inc
>
>email:   [email protected]
>pager: 888-576-1018
>office: 888-NETRAIL
>Fax:    404 522-2191
>

>Colo facilities: Atlanta-NAP, Miami, Arlington, Chicago, San Francisco

| Alan Spicer ([email protected])  NIC:AGS14      |
| Systems Analyst / Administrator / Tech Support |
| www.ebiznet.com | www.websgreatesthits.com     |