Re: More Sidgemore on per-bit pricing

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Sat Dec 05 12:24:15 1998

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 09:23:44PM -0800, Peter Ford wrote:
> If Sidgemore's experience matches others in the ISP business I suspect he is
> considering/planning such service plans because several of his important
> customers are asking for it.  And I am sure he has the ability/mechanisms to
> retain those customers who demand flat/predictable billing by offering that
> as an option ...

Well, we'll see.  The problem is suits who don't understand that
billing by the byte, rather than by the router port, usually has higher
costs than it does revenue enhancement.  If I assert that I'm trying to
reduce customer's billings, then, as a CEO of a publicly held company,
I'd better have something up my sleeve that will actually enhance
revenue, or I'll be out of a job, real quick.

ObOps: any more news on the Florida Backhoe Incident?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.