Re: identify hostname

  • From: Rusty Zickefoose
  • Date: Tue Dec 01 21:17:39 1998

I've got to go with Pete K. on this one.  In our current, cidr-ized world, it
is simply not possible for an upstream provider to determine what is, or is
not, a broadcast address in a downstream network.  This is something that needs
to be implemented from the edge in, not from the core out.

--
Rusty Zickefoose  |  The most exciting phrase to hear in science,
[email protected]      |  the one that heralds new discoveries, is not