Re: NSI policy on lame delagations

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Mon Nov 23 23:42:11 1998

> FWIW, Msen has been blasting the NIC with phone calls and faxes
> as we find lame delegations.  In several instances, these are domains
> that registered to use us without our permission and in some of them,
> its a spamming domain.

i figure it just adds to the nic's overload.  so, when i find a domain
which has been lamely delegated to one of my servers, i just put in an
authoritative zone for it with a short ttl soa and a wildcard mx

*    MX  0 some.schmuck.lame.delegated.to.the.host.name.

or the analogous PTR for in-addr zones.

it immediately stops any overload on my server and usually gets fixed
fairly quickly, no muss no fuss.

randy