Re: NSI policy on lame delagations

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Sat Nov 21 17:31:51 1998

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 11:58:40AM -0800, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> Again, my question is specifically *when* did NSI begin enforcing a lame
> delegation policy? On another mailing list NSI is now saying that they
> will apply this policy if someone listed a provider nameservers without
> their permission, however myself and others on our staff have been told on
> more than one occasion by NSI that there was nothing they could do in
> these instances.

nothing? They can turn off the domain if it was registered with incorrect
information, or if they find that it was registered with nameservers the
registrant is not allowed to use.

I've heard, and this is only something I've heard and I can't substantiate it,
that *officially* speaking, the only reason they turn off domains is for
non-payment....

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."