Re: NSI policy on lame delagations

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Sat Nov 21 14:16:57 1998

On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 12:25:32AM -0800, Mike Leber wrote:

> The reason I say this is that some folks automatically reload their
> nameservers which have tens of thousands of domain names once a day and
> have clients that want domains registered on the same day they request
> them.  (queuing is not an option.)

Which is rather silly, since their clients should be made aware that the
providers HAVE TO go through a third party, and although NetSol has been
very good about getting new registrations done *very* promptly, there is
no guarantee that the registrations will be complete the same day (nor,
imho, should there be; if I was running the registry I wouldn't guarantee
that).

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."