RE: Lawsuit threat against RBL users

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Thu Nov 19 16:06:25 1998

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Sheryl Chapin wrote:

> However, what I don't like is the idea that we might have to make that
> change not based on what we think is acceptable use, but based on what some
> self appointed group has decided it should be.  The consequences of not
> going along being that we get blackholed.

It's simply a matter of your peers saying that if you're the kind of
business that allows that, then we don't want to do business with you
(hence, they refuse to talk to you anymore).

Nobody's telling you how to run your business. What the RBL-subscribers
are saying is "to deal with us, there is a code of conduct, such as, x y
and z. Here are the technical reasons why these are important to us." and
if you want to deal with them, you abide by the "rules", otherwise, you
find other people to send mail to.

Derek J. Balling          | "Bill Gates is a monocle and a white
[email protected]        |  fluffy cat from being a villain in the
http://www.megacity.org/  |  next Bond film."  - Dennis Miller