Re: Exodus / Clue problems

  • From: Steve Noble
  • Date: Thu Nov 19 00:52:27 1998

I don't disagree, but on the other hand, there are hundreds if not thousands
of operational issue mailing lists, I don't see why it would be expected
that Exodus would post on each of them that the issue was brought up on about
what was going on.  Anyone who called in got a reply that the issue was being
worked on, and someone on the list actually passed that on.  Simply put we
can either work on the issue and resolve it, or spend our time answering
questions and wading through non-operational garbage to try and find out who
is complaining.

The real issue here is that the problem WAS resolved, and it was done in a
very timly manner, much faster then I have seen most companies get them dealt
with.  I think we should focus on operational issues and the current round
of attacks rather then grinding this one into the ground.  It's over, we can
stop posting about it.

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 06:20:13PM -0500, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 01:02:45PM -0800, Steve Noble wrote:
> > You know.. The legality issues here are amazing, just think to yourself if
> > say a machine at your company was compromized, and your ISP told all the rest
> > of its customers and the world of the event (and possibly why it happened).
> > Just how would you react?
>
> Slightly different issue. The rest of the world already saw problems. I
> was simply commenting on the fact that Exodus didn't respond and say they
> were at least working on it.
>

> --
> Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
> Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]
> NACS Spaminator [[email protected]]
>
> Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."

: Steven Noble / Network Janitor / Be free my soul and leave this world alone :
:   My views = My views != The views of any of my past or present employers   :