Re: InternetWeek Article on UUnet: question

  • From: Erik Muller
  • Date: Wed Nov 18 13:14:17 1998

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Sean Donelan wrote:

> http://www.internetwk.com/news1198/news111398-2.htm
>
> Was NETCOM identified as the source?  Why was the NETCOM NOC difficult
> for UUNET to reach on Sunday?  Was it a 'customer configuration error'
> or a router vendor(s) software bug?  If UUNET had identified the correct
> customer router to block, why did the route return?

I'm more than a little curious about those comments as well.  Noone from
UUNet, to my knowledge, has informed us of any involvement from Netcom in
this situation.  If we were involved, I would greatly appreciate any
information as to how... as we all know, we can't fix the problems that
nobody tells us about.  If there were problems contacting us, again, I'd
like to know.  Our contact information is readily available, and as far
as I know, accurate - http://puck.nether.net/netops/nocs.html is up to
date for us, anyway.

Of course, I'm taking those comments with a pretty large grain of salt
as well, considering that the same sentence implies that we're a UUNet
customer.  Uh, no, I think not.

Erik Muller, Network Engineer                         [email protected]
NETCOM Network Services Support        NETCOM On-Line Communication Services