What's wrong with Exodus?

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Tue Nov 17 16:43:38 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Jon Green wrote:
> Every post I see from you has something to do with what's wrong with
> Exodus.  Why is that?

Wow, how observant of you.  I'm truly impressed.

Let's see... This is a security/operations-related thread.  One of the
suspected origins of naughtiness is an Exodus customer.  I, too, an an
Exodus customer.  Believe it or not, I have information/insight
(regarding the nature of these attacks, and how to contact someone at
Exodus who cares) worth sharing.

To be quite honest with you, I would love to say something positive about
Exodus to the men and women of NANOG.  Unfortunately, I cannot do so in a
truthful manner.  From my [far too] numerous dealings with Exodus, it
seems obvious that many Exodus employees love to set low goals for
themselves, and then continuously fail to meet them.  Your mileage may
vary, of course.

If you think my bitching is a futile attempt to spread dirt, collapse
Exodus, and impoverish Ellen Hancock and pals, think again...

Bear in mind that, for every one clueful NANOG reader, there are
thousands of clue-deprived droids, looking for a colocation/transit shop
to house their p0rn servers and whatnot.  As long is this continues to be
the case, Exodus will manage to rake in vict^H^H^H^Hcustomers easily.

Oh well.