Re: Strange BGP announcement

  • From: Andrew Bangs
  • Date: Tue Nov 17 15:13:54 1998

[email protected] wrote:

> >> I suggest the bill be sent to the guy/vendor that injected the
> >> bad path :-)
> >
> >Hmm. If the upstream had been running code that did what the RFC says
> >then Winfried wouldn't have a bill to send to anybody...
> >It isn't like this was the first time we've seen this problem, either.
>
> You really want all backbone routers to ignore AS-Path length in the BGP
> route selection process?  I think I like it better the way it is now - at
> least for the near future.

I don't recall saying that, or anything about route selection.
I don't want all backbone routers (or any of them, for that matter)
ignoring Update messages (or worse, propagating the announcements) with
malformed AS_PATH attributes when they should be returning a NOTIFY and
closing the BGP session.

 Regards,
 Andrew
--
Andrew Bangs, Network Engineering Manager, Demon Internet Ltd
[email protected]  http://www.demon.net/ http://www.demon.nl/