Re: National Infrastructure Protection Center

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Tue Nov 17 14:44:24 1998

We've just gotten refered to the local FBI office when we had
a problem. (Which of course doesn't have any computer people at
it.) When the problem was traced in another provider in State
it got dumped to the local policy computer crimes unit,
however the "unit" was on vacation that week.
(Packets went through MAE-West, but I guess that doesn't count.)

Despite the fact that we've assisted the local office on a number
of occasions (tracing forged email, etc.), there isn't any real
interested unless you have large amounts of damage, i.e. $100,000+.

In message <[email protected]>, Sean Donelan writes:
>After Scott Larson was so kind to come the the Dearborn NANOG and
>tells us all about the FBI's new cyber-security program, has anyone
>bothered to call the NIPC about any of these events?
>
>http://www.nipc.gov/
>
>I leave it as an exrcise for the reader to try to figure out the
>correct phone number to call.
>--
>Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>  Affiliation given for identification not representation

---
Jeremy Porter, Freeside Communications, Inc.      [email protected]
PO BOX 80315 Austin, Tx 78708  | 512-458-9810
http://www.fc.net