Re: Exodus / Clue problems

  • From: TTSG
  • Date: Mon Nov 16 15:49:37 1998

> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, TTSG wrote:
>
> > 	My big carrot stick (I'm a veggie, so I don't eat beef) is that if
> > the person was connected to the box (And it wasn't just a script running)
> > we could have done more tracing.
>
> "We"?

	Royal "we"...........

> If they were aware that illegal activity was taking place on that machine and
> left it on the network for any reason, they would have been prosecutable as
> accessories for any attacks or violations that took place while an 'analysis'
> was being done.

	Yes, thats a tough call during any attack.  First inclination is always
to dump them, disconnect, and re-format the machine from scratch. Totally
losing any trails or ideas how to prevent or find the original person.

> Yes, it would have been interesting to take a look. But it would have been
> business suicide for them to do so.

	PLEASE, I don't want to get into a fight about this............(In
other words, I'm saying something that might be construed as starting it..)
but in the time it took them to identify that it was occuring, and to find
the contact there are 1/2 a dozen things that could have been done.

			Tuc/TTSG