Re: Hold on to your news servers

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Mon Nov 16 02:08:46 1998

At 10:13 PM 11/13/98 -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:

>Correct :-)
>
>What's even more fun is that since the system doesn't EMIT any articles
>it consumes (it emits only cancels, sourced there) you can't figure out
>where it gets its feeds from.... good luck getting the system's feeds
>cut off under those circumstances :-)

When I was a customer of Karl's, I thought that despite his shortcomings,
he had a soul that had some qualities worthy of redemption, sort of like
Darth Vader of the Internet.

The instant I ceased being his customer (when he sold out without telling
his customers they were sold out) I thought it was possible the power of
the Dark Side was too great for him.

Its posts like this one that prove to me inconclusively that unlike the
wizened old man in the big black suit, Karl has a fair market value of
$6.57 for his chemical composition and that's it. I firmly and truly
believe now that Karl sits back on a daily basis a wonders "Gosh, what
segment of the net haven't I pissed off today. I wonder how I could get
THEM mad, too?"

I wish there was an RBL for _PEOPLE_ so that the dips in the clue-field
caused by the likes of Karl could just be put in a list somewhere and
completely negated everywhere else in the net.

*sigh*