RE: Exodus / Clue problems

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Sun Nov 15 21:53:07 1998

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Dave Van Allen wrote:

> Same here, dozens of times in a few seconds just now, to all listed
> nameservers...  I can't imagine what "process" could do this
> unintentionally.  Exodus???  You home?

Interesting you mention this.  I've noticed the following on a FreeBSD
2.2.6 box, running BIND 8.1.2...

server# netstat
Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp        0      0  server.4375          172.16.1.1.1984
SYN_SENT
tcp        0      0  server.ftp           server.4374
TIME_WAIT

Internal addr space... port 1984.. cute.