Re: [fjk].gtld-servers.net bogus for .com

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Wed Nov 11 18:26:45 1998

At 15:36 11/11/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Fixed on the next daily update? So when the AOL problem happened, a special
>update was done, but when several hundred (anyone know how many really)
>entries are trashed, we all must wait until the next daily update?

Another Public Relations/Customer Service triumph for NSI/InterNIC. </sarcasm>

I suspect more than just the fjk servers are hosed...last night around
midnight I was surfing and had over ten sites disappear between one load
and the next.  The domain names ran the gamut from "f" to "u".  Given the
time frames, they likely disappeared as the update propagated.  Now, either
a whole lot of sites simultaneously had server crashes or....

Spammers should be investigated by Ken Starr!

Dean Robb
PC-EASY computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]