Re: WCCP talk..

  • From: alex
  • Date: Tue Nov 10 23:25:49 1998

That I can accept.

But, I still have one fundamental argument, which is to ensure true and
absolute reliability, a machine should not be verifying its own health.

My other concern is that now that it is licensable, will the other cache
manufacturers do it properly also?

> I haven't yet encountered a situation where the cache was having a problem
> and yet was still responding and talking WCCP to the router.
>
> When our Cache Engines have experienced problems, they have removed
> themselves from the available pool or stopped responding to WCCP (which,
> in turn, caused them to be removed).
>
> In short, I believe there's a very strong mechanism to check all
> functions of the cache before saying "hey, I'm okay here".
>
> /cah

     Atheism is a non-prophet organization. I route, therefore I am.
       Alex Rubenstein, [email protected], KC2BUO, ISP/C Charter Member
               Father of the Network and Head Bottle-Washer
     Net Access Corporation, 9 Mt. Pleasant Tpk., Denville, NJ 07834
 Don't choose a spineless ISP; we have more backbone!  http://www.nac.net