Re: ARIN?

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Tue Nov 10 19:09:44 1998

[ On Tue, November 10, 1998 at 11:54:32 (-0800), Owen DeLong wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ARIN?
>
> I think this misses the point.  ARIN doesn't require or want you to SWIP
> your /30 and /32 allocations.  A network that small just doesn't require
> that level of public contact visibility.  As you've pointed out, you'll
> be doing most of the things that matter (from a contact perspective)
> for those customers.  As such, it makes sense to use your larger block
> contact information instead of SWIPing such small networks.  In fact,

That's not always true.  I'd like to see contacts listed at some viable
level (in ARIN's whois database if nowhere else) for every autonomous
network from which "public" connections might originate, even if it's
only a /32.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>