Re: ARIN?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Tue Nov 10 18:05:07 1998

OK.  How about I re-word this a bit and see how it goes:

>> >I think this misses the point.  ARIN doesn't require or want you to SWIP
>> >your /30 and /32 allocations.  A network that small just doesn't require
>> >that level of public contact visibility.

...should read:

"I think this misses the point.  ARIN doesn't require or want you to SWIP
your /30 and /32 allocations.  An _address_allocation_ that small just doesn't
require that level of public contact visibility."

Now, can we all agree that /30's and /32's are small allocations in the
grand scheme of it all and that the size or the organizations/networks that
use addresses in those allocations can not be accurately determined by the
size of the allocation alone?  Good.

-------
John Fraizer                      |    __   _
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:[email protected] |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
                     A 486 is a terrible thing to waste...