RE: ARIN?

  • From: Christian Kratzer
  • Date: Sun Nov 08 11:01:44 1998

Hi,

[stuff snipped]
> And I have a whole lot of dialup users that would love to
> have a static IP
> so they can more easily run servers and such.  Several years
> ago when our
> users were staticly addressed, ARIN requested that we move to dynamic
> addressing.  Why do my users have to be dynamically addressed
> but @home's
> do not?
[stuff snipped]

I don't think arin would object to you giving out static ip's to
those of your users who specifically requst this service. ARIN
will object if you want to assign a static ip every win95 Dialup
person who justs uses the net to surf and check his mail.

Greetings
Christian

--
TopLink Internet Services GmbH