Re: ARIN?

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Sun Nov 08 11:01:00 1998

At 08:42 AM 11/7/98 -0800, Tim Wolfe wrote:
>If this is the case, then all of the mid to large size ISPs should be able
>to justify a whole bunch of new space based on DSL customers... They are
>always connected so they can have a full time address too, whether through
>static or DHCP...

Yes, they should be able to (assuming proper utilization percentages, etc.
etc.).

Or is ARIN going to say NO, you can't have 1000 addresses for your 1000
customers all of whom have their address "in use" 24x7 and force ISP's to
use IP Masquerading at the ISP level to service all their dedicated customers.

Heh. At that point, we'll just assign each ISP *ONE* IP address, and demand
that they make it work beyond that point on their own. :)  Should make
routing tables significantly easier to manage.