Re: ARIN?

  • From: johnl
  • Date: Sat Nov 07 00:55:54 1998
  • Newsgroups: local.nanog

>> Cable modem subscribers normally are not dynamically assigned IPs like
>> dialups.  Besides, they are advertised as a constant connection, and a lot
>> of people use it as such.

All of the cable modem subscribers I know have dynamic IPs assigned by
DHCP.  A suitably aggressive DHCP client can usually keep the lease
renewed so the IP doesn't change, but they are most certainly not
static IP addresses.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,