RE: ARIN?

  • From: Jason Weisberger
  • Date: Thu Nov 05 15:54:28 1998

> Then why is it that whenever we ask for extra space because of issues like
> this (in our case, we'd like to be able to assign /19 blocks for each
> larger POP so that it can be independantly routed in the Internet) we get
> told, sorry, that's an operational issue, we won't assign space for that.

You know, I've got the same problem. I've been trying to think of a way to
deal with one of my locations slower growth, yet higher profile customers.
I want them to be able to route independantly should the links all go out
between it and my other locales, but it doesn't grow fast enough to keep
up with the others and I can't manage to get it into its own /19 without
having to seal from its block as the time draws near to beg ARIN for more
space.

It might behoove ARIN to allow us /19s for locations like that on a
special request form.

--
Jason Weisberger
Chief Technology Officer