Re: ARIN?

  • From: Andrea Di Lecce
  • Date: Wed Nov 04 07:46:18 1998

At 22:28 11/3/98 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

>Again, we are applying for more space from ARIN.
>
>Some of the questions we got from them range from "please provide a
>network map and/or customers justification as to why they needed a /24" to
>"please provide where your POPs are, how many dialups there are in that
>POP, and how many ports you have in that dialup."
>
>I'd love to know if larger places (UU? PSI? MCI? Sprint? etc) have to
>answer questions like this when they apply for space.

As a cable ISP, my company is required to SWIP each netblock that we use.
The name of the netblock corresponds to the POP name.  We're applying for
space again too, and as a standard procedure, we include utilization
statistics for each netblock, and for each POP.  We will be asked questions
if, for instance, we gave a new assignment for a POP before the last block
was not a certain percentage utilized.

Andrea Di Lecce                     (416) 935-5700
[email protected] Network Operations
1 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, M4Y 2Y5