Re: 2U chassis (was Linux Router Kit)

  • From: Matt Stein
  • Date: Sat Oct 31 17:59:46 1998

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Geoff White wrote:

> We are trying to roll our own server/router/accounting box and
> have everything speced out but the chassis, we need to find a PC rack
> mount chassis that is no higher than 2U ( 3.5"). The co-los we use charge

HP's rolled out a nice pair of 2U racked units.  One's an HP9000 designed
for ISPs, but the other one's a Netserver.  I saw the Netserver at this
fall Internet World, and it looked pretty good.

http://www.hp.com/netserver/index.htm

If you look at the picture in the middle, the second rack from the left
shows 20 dual PII's in a single 2.0 meter rack.

If you're looking for one of their unix servers, the new A class is also
3.5" high, but packs the power of a D330 into it.  Check them out...really
well done.

--
mat.