Re: Despamming wholesale dialup

  • From: Phil Howard
  • Date: Fri Oct 30 17:49:00 1998

scott w wrote:

> http://www.brightlight.com/

This product+service appears to only deal with incoming advertising.
I do not necessarily want that kind of solution.  If my customers
want it, I could certainly offer it.  I know that I personally would
not "opt in" even though I disliked unsolicited advertising in my
mail.

My greatest concern is not the incoming spam, but the outgoing and
relayed spam where the complaints get directed back to me.  That is
why I took measures to cut off the outgoing spam.  We do not offer
such services, and since there are ISPs that do, I have no worry
about the rights of advertisers.  There always will be an ISP somewhere
willing to do what it takes to get the business if a market exists.
I'm simply not interested in offering to that market.

But thanks for the lead about Brightlight.  If it turns out to be
something of value to us, we may get it.

--
  --   | Inturnet, Inc.              | Director of Internet Services |   --