Re: Linux Router KIT

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Fri Oct 30 10:07:10 1998

> On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 09:35:26PM -0500, [email protected] wrote:
> > > It's also possible to get spare parts for PCs at 8 PM on Saturday.
> > > Not true for Cisco.
> >
> > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/sno/smons_ds.htm
> >
> > Section: SMARTnet Onsite 24x7x4
>
> 	You can get anything you want if you're willing to pay enough.

Not that I am a big fan of PC based or even *nix routers, one could make
the argument that at <$3000 for 16 routed ports (a price someone
mentioned on here) it would be very inexpensive (relatively) to keep
fully configured spare chassis around for less than the price of a
comparably equiped Cisco.

Then again, some of us keep fully configured spare Ciscos around and
still get SMARTnet Onsite 4 hour. I guess it just depends what your
customers pay for. (note: I didn't say *expect*)

Flames encouraged,

-Deepak.
AiNET