RE: Despamming wholesale dialup

  • From: Sean Wade
  • Date: Thu Oct 29 12:40:19 1998

I was actually thinking about this issue a little bit ago.  I thought
about the access list bit and thought that to be more of a kludge than a
solution.  What I thought that might be a better solution was more of a
transparent mail-proxy setup.  I know that may not be the correct term,
but the idea and concept is the same.  all port 25 requests go to a main
relay/deliver server.  No matter what.  It puts the burden of relays on
the provider instead of innocent (albeit ignorant for not locking down
their servers) victims.  Let me know what you guys think.

--Sean
[email protected]