Re: Despamming wholesale dialup

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Wed Oct 28 20:37:00 1998

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 04:54:30PM -0800, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> What I really suggest, and this takes some work on your part, is to contact
> the
> site's admin and inform them of their open-relay status. If they won't close
> the relay, block them. Alternatively, you can assume that if they haven't
> gotten their relays closed by now they are too clue-less to do so and block
> them immediately, with notification.

This works for sites that

(a) speak English
(b) have a clue
(c) aren't steeped in a dozen levels of bureaucracy that make it hard to
push changes like this through.

I don't think Harold's idea is a bad one.

--
Steve Sobol [[email protected]]
Part-time Support Droid [[email protected]]

Spotted on a bumper sticker: "Possum. The other white meat."