Re: UU Net sales tactics?

  • From: John A. Tamplin
  • Date: Wed Oct 28 17:39:12 1998

Actually, we have been pretty happy with UUNet.  The technical people seem
quite competent and their network is reliable and adequately provisioned.
Of course, YMMV.

Personally, I think most salespeople are worthless.  What I want out of
a salesperson is an order taker and someone to send me information I
request.  I don't want high pressure sales or making up facts.  Our own
salespeople do this and it annoys me to no end, and I am sure that some
of our potential customers feel the same way and go elsewhere.  I have been
known to go out of my way to avoid buying from a pushy salesperson, but
in general I don't hold it against the company if they have a decent product.

John Tamplin					Traveller Information Services
[email protected]				2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 		Huntsville, AL 35801