Re: UU Net sales tactics?

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Wed Oct 28 16:39:13 1998

At 10:35 AM 10/28/98 -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, John Golovich wrote:
>> Has anyone else received a phone call from a UUnet salesman out of the blue?
>
>Yes. They cold call me at least once a month.
>
>Until they close their smurf amplifiers, theyre not even a consideration.

I thought it was TRULY impressive that they cold-called me, even though the
company I worked for HAD service from them. :)

Funny thing was he didn't believe me. Then he was really annoyed when I
indicated that it was entirely possible we wouldn't be staying with them
since that was a development location and there were a lot cheaper places
to get better service.

Of course, management had no immediate plans, but everything is a
statistical probability.

Cold-callers annoy me. That's enough reason to rule them out for service in
my not-so-humble opinion. :)