Re: UU Net sales tactics?

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Wed Oct 28 11:17:16 1998

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, John Golovich wrote:

> When I stated to them that their company is one of the most expensive T1
> providers, he responded with
> "Not every company is able to afford the best Internet that can be offered"
> (implying UUnet is directly that).
>
> Any comments or stories that can be shared?

The implication might have been true (or at least fairly true) 3-4 years
ago.  I can definitely say from personal experience as a former customer,
the quality of their service degraded considerably, the clue level at
their NOC went down considerably, and they basically just aren't the
company they once were.  I can give people specific stories to back all
this up...but don't want to waste everyone's time with them here.

 Jon Lewis <[email protected]>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  to get the job done.