Re: Is Qwest leaking routes?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Oct 27 12:40:25 1998

[email protected] (Charles Sprickman) writes:
>> >Yes, it appears Qwest was leaking routes, but they are fixing it...
>
>Am I just silly to assume that it shouldn't take so long for such
>well-funded companies to communicate with each other?  AS286 is EUNet,
>right?  This all started sometime yesterday...  I still see this:
>
>BGP routing table entry for 206.97.128.0/19, version 10233204
>Paths: (1 available, best #1)
>  3847 1239 1800 209 286 3561
>    207.240.48.45 from 207.240.48.45 (207.240.48.1)
>      Origin IGP, localpref 100, valid, external, best

Have you tried asking your upstream, Sprint (AS 1239) why they are
still listening to, and re-announcing the route?  Was it the old
cisco bug, where routes sometimes get stuck in the route table due
to dropping the withdrawl?  Or some other reason?

As part of the post-mortum, was everyone able to easily reach the
correct people at the responsible NOC's of other providers to resolve
this problem?  I've been told in the past there are no communication
difficulties between the billion dollar providers, and bi-lateral
processes work well.