Re: Clue's for Clue-less

  • From: Richard Irving
  • Date: Mon Oct 26 16:53:25 1998

No proof one way, or the other, Martin....

   The only neighbors I lost on this one, dumped something
they shouldn't..... If someone de-aggregates a /16,
it fires off alarms.... Although these may be valid advertisements,
We have opted for the "safe, rather than sorry" perspective.
(Besides, the alarms *assure* prompt attention)

   Running the internet requires a certain degree of Altruism.
One should set policies that *protect* the core, rather than one's

 Doing other than this will result in a global internet
that is not reliable...And we all lose.

   "The good of the many, outweigh the desires of the few"

(No matter *how* expensive a tie they wear ;)

PS: 11.2.xx and higher have this command...