Problems with a Cisco 7200

  • From: Ing. Octavio Herrera R.
  • Date: Mon Oct 26 09:51:17 1998

Hi,

    I have a 7206 Cisco Router with the next features
- 1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
- 2 Channelized E1/PRI ports
- 4 Serial Network Interfaces
- IOS Version 11.2(9)

     This router has RIP, IGRP and BGP enabled. The router was working
normally and suddenly, it stop responding and when it was restarted it
didn't boot. Later, we disconnected the cables of all the
interfaces and the router booted correctly.

     The IOS was updated to the 11.2(16) version, with this version the
router worked for 6 hours in that moment the router was turned off and
when it was turned on again, it didn't recongnized the Serial and
the Channelized E1/PRI interfaces.

     Do you think this is a bug in the IOS version or is this a hardware
problem?

     Thanks in advance.

Octavio Herrera