Re: WARNING: AOL is hosed (again)

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Tue Oct 20 20:15:37 1998

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 02:56:06PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:
> [email protected] (Mark Borchers) writes:
> >Yep, somebody modified the delegation via a forged domain
> >modification email.  An emergency root server update has been done to
> >correct the problem.
>
> Gosh, I wonder if NSI would do an emergency root server update for me.

Amusingly enough, when I was the CE for a tiny little ISP HQ'd in
Dallas and our landlord locked us out, I actually _did_ get NSI to do
an emergency push changing out root NS's to our Florida location's
machines.

I guess it depends on how desparate you sound.

Of course, this _was_ 2 years ago.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.