Jon Postel (Flowers & Donations) (fwd)

  • From: Forrest Houston
  • Date: Tue Oct 20 16:23:52 1998

I thought some people here might be interested in knowing this.  This is
for general distribution so please forward it on to where you feel it is
appropriate.  Please remove my name though as I already get enough mail as
it is :-)

Thanks
Forrest Houston
USC/ISI - IPCe

[cut here]
---------------- Forwarded mail ----------------------

Jon's family has issued the following statement regarding flowers
and donations:

In lieu of flowers...

Two funds have been established by the Internet Society:  one  for an
endowed chair at UCLA and  the other to endow an award for someone whose
service to the Internet honors Jon's memory.
Checks can be sent to:
Jonathan B. Postel Endowed Chair Fund or
Jonathan B. Postel Service Award Fund
Internet Society
12020 Sunrise Valley Drive Suite 210
Reston, VA 20191-3429 USA
Tel: 703-648-9888

Donations may be also directed in Jon's name to:

The Sierra Club
3435 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 320
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Tel: 213-387-4287

The California Arboretum Foundation
301 N. Baldwin Ave
Arcadia, CA 91007
Tel: 626-447-8207

The Red Cross [any chapter in the world]

...or to any charity of your choice.

You can electronically post a condolence message about Jon by sending
it to [email protected]  They're being collected and
displayed at http://www.isco.org/postel/condolences.shtml