Re: WARNING: AOL is hosed (again)

  • From: Manar Hussain
  • Date: Mon Oct 19 11:24:52 1998

>On the other hand, security is a pain.  I know I haven't taken advantage
>of all the security features NSI offers for all the objects I have registered
>over the years.  The Guardian workflow process is still annoyingly
>convuleted enough, the default ends up being no protection if you miss or
>forget any of the steps.  I guess it makes sense from NSI's point of view,
>cutting down on the number of 'lost' password or PGP key calls.

<rant>
And here we are in the UK with a basically pretty smooth system using pgp
that lets us register/alter domains with seconds being the timeframe and
mistakes a major rarity. Plenty of times that by the time the mail program
has refreshed its inbox listing, the reply saying "done" is already back
from Nominet. Sure - it could be lots better still and many good
suggestions seem to take an age to happen. Sure - it couldn't cope with
internic's load. But the thing works and shows there's no real excuse for
internic to mess up so often so badly for so long.
</rant>