Re: WARNING: AOL is hosed (again)

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Fri Oct 16 16:58:42 1998

Geez...
This is too trivial for words. We do SSL authenticated registrations for
our normal order processing, using CC transactions. I have always wondered
why NSI can't run both SSL and take immediate CC payments for
domain-registrations. It's not like they don't have the cash to make this
happen. It also wouldn't hurt to setup some ssh-forwarded ports and drop
the whole mess behind a firewall either.

At 02:56 PM 10/16/98 -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:
>[email protected] (Mark Borchers) writes:
>>Yep, somebody modified the delegation via a forged domain
>>modification email.  An emergency root server update has been done to
>>correct the problem.
>
>Gosh, I wonder if NSI would do an emergency root server update for me.
>
>Perhaps it would be a good time to review the Guardian documentation.
>Is there a way to review what the Guardian settings are for various
>objects?
>--
>Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>  Affiliation given for identification not representation

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
I bet the human brain is a kludge.