Re: WARNING: AOL is hosed (again)

  • From: Mike Leber
  • Date: Fri Oct 16 16:05:46 1998

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mark Borchers wrote:
> Yep, somebody modified the delegation via a forged domain
> modification email.  An emergency root server update has been done to
> correct the problem.

Isn't an acknowlegement required with the correct tracking number?

If yes, were acknowlegement(s) also forged with guessed tracking numbers?

If yes to my second question, then the tracking numbers either need to be
made much longer and randomized or a one time pass phrase (session key)
needs to be added to the acknowlegement form.

Mike.

| Mike Leber             Direct Internet Connections     Voice 408 282 1540 |
| Hurricane Electric      Web Hosting & Co-location        Fax 408 971 3340 |
| [email protected]                                           http://www.he.net |