Re: Gigarouter

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Thu Oct 15 11:07:02 1998

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Rogerio Alvarez - DRS23 wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Anyone there has any information (experience) about Gigarouters like
> GRF1600 (Ascend) or

The product had a lot of problems when it first came out (I was a beta
customer), but with hard work Ascend fixed all of them. The box now nice
and stable. If you want to do a lot of OC12 interfaces I would go with the
GSR, but if you are looking for a box to replace your 75xx with, then I
would go with the GRF.

> GSR12000 (Cisco).

Very stable, but I have only worked with them for a few weeks.

> I want to know performance, availability, scalability and limitations
> data in "real world",
>  I mean in real condition of internet traffic.

The GRF function just find in real world conditions.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rogerio

><>
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
www.robotics.net	 		[email protected]
--
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by
his great strength."                               - Psalm 33:16