Re: BGP as an IGP (Was Re: IGPs in use)

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Thu Oct 15 04:15:47 1998

> Hakan Hansson wrote (on Oct 14):
> > Either you have to configure next-hop-self or use static or use other IGP,
> > otherwise you'll end up with flapping routes in your network. BGP cannot
> > use a route for next-hop-self address derived by itself, as far as I know.
>
> Well it does and can. But then I suppose it depends on the arbitrary
> restrictions certain vendors place on you.

GateD can with group type internal, IOS can't. GateD with group type
routing requires an IGP running. In this instance you aren't
running BGP as your IGP you are running ARP and static routes as an
IGP.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
[email protected]        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)