Re: BGP as an IGP (Was Re: IGPs in use)

  • From: Chrisy Luke
  • Date: Wed Oct 14 05:20:46 1998

Sean M. Doran wrote (on Oct 14):
> The key point is that, in a router talking iBGP, the route to the
> NEXT_HOP received by an iBGP neighbour *MUST* be known through
> means other than BGP.  This is not to say that the route need
> be dynamic -- a static default route would do just fine.

Not necessarily. You just get a more pronounced stepping effect when
you learn routes whose next-hops are in the same protocol.

I don't recommend it in a large network though. It gets very messy.

Chris.
--
== [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
== Systems Manager for Easynet, part of Easynet Group PLC.