Re: MAE NY?

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Sun Oct 11 23:55:23 1998

This was all good with the exception of temp for condensation.
Condensation can occur at just about any temp (within reason) that is what
Dew Point is.  Humidity is Dew point/(room) Temperature.  When they match
you have humidity of 100% and start to see condensation/fog.  Anyway this
is from flight school.  I have heard different engineers recommend 40%
humidity and maybe 67.5 degrees temp.  Something about enough humidity to
avoid static dischargies etc...??

PS- Anyone know of any colo space in Jacksonville, Fl??

At 4:07 AM -0000 10/7/98, Michael Dillon wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Jay Adelson wrote:
>
>> Too cold?  Are you serious?  Man, I just can't win.
>>
>> Our readouts were reporting 68-71F... Somebody tell me what this needs
>> to be set to for our exchange facilities.  They're all pretty insanely
>> big, so this is something to do ONCE.  Nows the time, we're deep into
>> engineering HVAC for the first fifteen.  Oh, and I'd love to hear humidity
>> suggestions as well.
>
>My experience is that electronic/computer type equipment runs best when it
>is in a cool environment, i.e. too cold for a human in T-shirt to work in
>for very long. And when the ambient temperature gets above room temp, then
>you get too many wierd and unexplainable problems occurring or just plain
>equipment failure. Sean Donelan is right to worry about condensation and I
>believe that you should maintain a fixed humidity level in the air in your
>facilities. Keep the temperature below 18C but not so low as to cause
>condensation. Get some Compaq engineers to recommend a humidity level and
>ask your HVAC peopel to keep it constant. In Palo Alto this will probably
>mean adding humidity in the summer and removing humidity in the winter. In
>the Northeast you would need to do the reverse.
>
>--
>Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: [email protected]
>Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com

Thank you,
David Diaz
Chief Technical Officer
Netrail, Inc

email:   [email protected]
pager: 888-576-1018
office: 888-NETRAIL

Colo facilities: Atlanta-NAP, Miami, Arlington, Chicago, San Francisco
888-NETRAIL for further information