Re: Internet 1, Backhoe 0

  • From: Erik Neuenschwander
  • Date: Fri Oct 09 11:44:14 1998

</lurk>

Christopher X. Candreva <[email protected]>, tearfully said:

>On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Jeff Weisberg wrote:
>
>> [Atlantic County, NJ] While attempting to wreck
>> havoc on the world's telecommunications infrastructure,
>> a backhoe mistook a gas main as a fiber optic cable.
>> The evil yellow beast was destroyed in the resulting
>> fireball.
>
>While this is funny, I really hope the backhoe driver was OK.

If you're concerned about the injuries, this is a link to the closest AP
story I found.
http://www.bergen.com/region/gas0919981009.htm

"One worker, whose name was not released, was burned on his right arm, said
Patrolman Troy Midgette. Ruggiero said it was a minor burn. ...
A backhoe was engulfed in flames at the excavation site ... "

<lurk> :)

--
Erik Neuenschwander               Research Associate, Stanford PTL at CSLI
[email protected]                      http://pcd.stanford.edu/captology/