USENIX Conference on Network Administration--Call for Papers

  • From: Cynthia Deno
  • Date: Thu Oct 08 16:56:11 1998

The networking administration community is expanding at an ever
increasing pace. Now, USENIX and SAGE have created a conference just
for it. The conference will enable dialogue among peers and experts in our
field.

1st USENIX Conference on Network Administration
April 7-9, 1999
Santa Clara, California

Sponsored by USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association
Co-sponsored by SAGE, the System Administrators Guild

The conference is designed to create an environment allowing network
administrators to come together and share ideas and techniques for
managing all facets of the networking world.

For the full Call for Papers, visit the conference Web site:
http://www.usenix.org/events/neta99

Submission deadline: November 6, 1998
Notification to authors: December 1, 1998
Camera-ready papers due: February 23, 1999

We invite you to submit proposals to enhance the refereed papers, invited talks, Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and tutorials. Please
review the Call for Papers, make a submission, and join us in
creating the first open network administration conference specifically
designed to help you. We look forward to your participation.

To facilitate these discussions, we encourage you to consider this partial topics list:

The Enterprise
Switching solutions for large LANs
Choosing a network architecture
Network management tools that work
How to integrate multiple vendors in one seamless network
Managing IP address space
The Internet
How to get on the Internet
Firewalls and security integration
Routing in the Internet
Choosing and dealing with an ISP
Remote Access
Creating secure integrated dialup services
DSL, ISDN, and other acronyms: what they mean
The Future
IPv6, and what it means to you
Gigabit and beyond: high speed networking
Quality of Service and ATM
Voice and data integration
Routing vs. Layer-3 switching
USENIX is the Advanced Computing Systems Association, a not-for-profit society with a membership drawn from the international community of systems and software professionals. SAGE, the System Administrators Guild, is a Special Technical Group within the USENIX Association dedicated to the recognition and advancement of system administration as a profession. USENIX and SAGE are co-sponsors of the well-known LISA, Systems Administration Conference.