solid 300bps

  • From: Lon R. Stockton, Jr.
  • Date: Thu Oct 08 10:50:04 1998

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> I'll ROTFALMAO if I hear someone trying an InterNet connection at 300 baud.

Been there, done that whilst testing dialup equipment.

Novation CAT 300 bps accoustic coupler (anybody remember 'em?). Reliable
300bps connections every time.

Was much less painful testing with a Hayes SmartModem 1200.

I really miss the fast handshakes and no-bullshit connection speeds.
*grin*

[note for randy: I dunno how to config a cisco for this, but with
3com HDSPs, ya go to the console or management s/w and set 'enable
300 bps' and/or 'enable 1200 bps' appropriately.]