Re: Exodus (last post)

  • From: Jeff Mcadams
  • Date: Thu Oct 08 08:39:51 1998

Thus spake I Am Not An Isp
>IANAL, but if they can prove anything he asserted as factual is not true -
>and he knew that when he posted - can't they sue him in civil court?  Or
>something like that?

Takes more than that.  They have to prove that what he said was untrue,
and they have to prove damages from that statement (*very* hard to
prove).  In addition to these two, I *think*, they have to prove that he
said it *knowing* that it was untrue, and that he said untrue things
with the intent to cause harm/damage.

As with most others posting on this topic.  I'm not a lawyer either.  :)
--
Jeff McAdams                            Email: [email protected]
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848