Re: Sprint's filtering

  • From: Scott Bradner
  • Date: Wed Oct 07 21:16:03 1998

it was said
> I have been told that ARIN did make an effort to have Sprint remove its
> filter so that ARIN could allocate blocks longer than /19, but I have not
> confirmed this with ARIN.

this is not true - ARIN has not, nor will it, ask an ISP to add or delete
any filters - dealing with filters is far outside of ARIN's mission

ARIN has discussed changing alocation policies but this did
not include asking Sprint or anyone to change their policies

before I get asked-  changes to ARIN policies are posted on the ARIN web site

Scott