Re: Sprint's filtering

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed Oct 07 16:30:32 1998

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 06:59:35AM -0700, Sean M. Doran wrote:
> Appropriately sized: one /32, please.
> Legitimately multihomed: I have accounts at two ISPs in Toronto,
>                          one ISP in Copenhagen, and two ISPs in Stockholm.
> I also travel to IETFs and other places with terminal rooms, and would
> dearly like my laptop never to have to renumber when it changes its
> location in the topology.
>
> My laptop's *users* moreover would really hate to have to adapt
> to changing IP addresses every time a new provider gets selected.

Both AT&T and GTE now offer flat rate Internet access via CDPD.  Modems
are available in a type-3 P-card form factor for about $7-800.  Service
is $54,95 a month, AT&T will offer off-net roaming at a flat rate for
an additional $10/month.

Anything else I can help you with?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.